Friday, March 22, 2013

There is no retirement from being a mom

Today I left some dishes dirty
The bed got made around 3:30
The diapers soaked a little longer
The odor grew a little stronger
The crumbs I spilled the day befoer
Are staring at me from the floor
The fingerprints there on the wall
Will likely be there still next fall
The dirty streaks on those window panes
Will still be there next time it rains
...
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today?
I held a baby till he slept,
I held a toddler while he wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess that's true
Unless you think that what I've done
Might be important to someone,
With bright blue eyes and soft blonde hair
If that is true... I've done my share
Author unknown
(I changed the 2nd to last line to suit me)

No comments:

Post a Comment