Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 54 and 55: I am Doing a Great Work, and I Cannot Come Down....

Afternoon All!

    I just got home from church, but before I get into that, let me tell you of the amazing events that have transpired since the last time I wrote...

     Friday was my day off, and I was less productive than I hoped as my options ran out for doing laundry. I did maintain a clean house, and all of my work things are still organized, and I spent valuable time with my son. Friday evening we met with the Mother in law, her mother and her husband along with my son, and my husband for dinner. My grandmother-in-law is a Godly woman. I do not believe that she would have survived all of her life's trials without it, and perhaps she would not have had so many without it... She prays, and when she prays for things, life changes immediately. We had a great time at dinner, and my son was amazingly well behaved (Thank the good Lord!) My husband has been struggling with his next step in life, and grandmother-in-law told him he needs school. At which he scoffed and said it was too mundane. A few months ago my husband and I decided we would work so we could move back to California. We at the time thought it was a good idea and we prayed. Well some weeks ago, I decided that it was a bad idea, and I began to pray that something would happen.

     We have built a life here that is so amazing, and so strong with Christians, support, love and peace that I could not imagine moving away from all of it to start at negative 1 all over again. I no longer wanted to be back in Cali. Well after dinner, we had our DJ show, which was unexciting as our shows go, and it was a little bit of a let down. We came home and went to bed. My husband woke me up at 7 am Saturday to tell me he began the application process for college. I told him "great, now let me sleep." When I finally woke up and let the information sink in I was so incredibly happy.

   I have waited years for my husband to finally believe he can go to school and make something great of himself. I have applied for him 3 times, and after the last time I gave up and decided he would go when he was ready. I was no longer going to hold his hand. In 12 short hours our lives have been altered beyond any hope or dream we could have imagined. We are far from out of the woods, but now we have a compass! We will also be staying here for all of his schooling (4 more years!) and hopefully longer!

    Since my husband decided it was time to go to school, his whole demeanor has changed. He no longer seems surly at life, and he is happy and determined. This has opened the doors for amazing things to come into our lives. And once he makes it through school to his final career destination, we will be able to live like all those other people I see, I will be able to buy groceries regularly, pay our bills, fix our credit, and save, and of course more children!

   We know that we will both have to work hard in the next few years (who am I kidding? For the rest of our lives!) To get to where we need to be, to go beyond that, and then some. But it is a step in the right direction.

   In other news, our water will get turned back on Monday. I am so happy! My guardian angel paid the balance, Thank God for her. I do not know who I would be without her in my life! I am hoping I will not have to work tomorrow so I can clean everything, and I do mean everything - like appliances away from the walls clean. We are closer to getting the money together for rent, and getting our lives back together. Hubby has a lot of work to do tomorrow as well to find a job. Prayers please that he will have one by day's end tomorrow.

   Church today discussed a lot of things, but I will talk about the 2 that spoke loudest to me. The first of which is "I am doing a great work and I cannot come down." From Nehemiah, which brought me around to focus on what I am doing to lead a life for God, and what I need to be doing... The second is what is our next step to be more Christ-like? I am pretty sure God is telling me I need to give up smoking. I won't even try to lie, it scares the day lights out of me to think about giving it up. I am going to try, and keep trying until I put it down forever though. I don't have very many left in my pack today, I may as well start now. Attempt #347. Kidding, I've quit maybe 10 times before. or tried to. What's one more?

     Lord let your light shine upon me and bring me into myself as a follower of Christ. Let me single out time to open my bible and live the word. Please, please take away my desire to smoke, make this one thing easy on me! And fill my heart and soul with your spirit to carry with me to every one I meet! Amen!

    God Bless all of you! and thank you for your prayers for me and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment